✅Ready to fill & bake
Fruit Tart with Pastry Cream (Portion for 1 Tray of Tart Shells)
-300ml milk (whole or 2%)
-1/2 vanilla pod, split lengthwise or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
-3 large egg yolks
-50gm granulated white sugar
-20gm all purpose flour
-20gm cornstarch (corn flour)
-3 cups of mixed fruits, apricots, strawberry, kiwi, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry or fruits of your choice.
1. In a medium-sized heatproof bowl, mix the sugar and egg yolks together. Sift the flour and corn starch together and then add to the egg mixture, mixing until you get a smooth paste.
2. Heat milk with vanilla pod in heavy sauce pan over medium heat until it starts to steam then remove from heat. Scape beans and add back to egg mixture. (Vanilla pod can be washed and dried and added to sugar bowl to give vanilla flavour.)
3. Slowly pour about half of the milk into the egg mixture in a thin stream, while mixing vigorously. Leave the rest of the milk in the pan.
4. Next, add the thickened egg mixture back into the pan with the rest of the milk. Again, whisk vigorously, for 2 to 3 minutes, while continuing to heat the mixture gently over medium heat, until the pastry cream is quite thick, But don't let it burn.
5. Remove from heat (stir in vanilla extract if using instead of vanilla bean) and pour into clean bowl and set the bowl inside a large bowl filled with ice water. Cool for 30mins.
6. Take out the tray of Tart Shells and pipe in the pastry cream, then decorate the tarts with the fruits.
7. Dust with icing sugar or glaze with watered down apricot jam (Optional).
**ALL PICTURES SHOWN ARE FOR REPRESENTATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY.**
**ACTUAL PRODUCT MAY VARY FROM THE PHOTOS.**
**PLEASE ALLOW 0.5-2cm DEVIATION DUE TO MANUAL MEASUREMENT.**
**T&C APPLY FOR FREE GIFT (WHILE STOCK LAST)**